Saturday 24 May 2014

Vintage japanese kimono shoes tutored by shoes desiger Hetty Rose

These lovely shoes were made from vintage Kimono fabric. It was a 4  days sessions spread in 4 weeks with the fantastic tutor shoes designer Hetty Rose based in London

http://www.hettyrose.co.uk/shoes/kimono-collection/ 

She worked really hard to make sure we understand all the way along the process of making a beautifil pair of vintage kimono fabric. It was my first time ever making a pair of shoes and I enjoyed the whole process from start to finish.


bellow are some samples of vintage kimono fabric left after we all had chosen our fabrics. It was a though decision they all look so lovely.  I was between the orange fabric  with the flowers and cranes or the blue flowering one.


This one was my choice for the shoes...




but I also bought this blue fabric as I couldn't leave it behind...maybe for a next project in the future.

a beautiful  golden pink soft leather for the inside of the shoes...










The yellow plastic shoes lasts, the insoles in between and the paper patterns...

here are the top fabric already saw and trimmed...

and here are the inside of the fabric the leather bit..I am sorry about my sewing I am not very good at it..I did this part in my sewing machine at home as I had to leave earlier that day to pick my child up at the school..I think the sewing machine at the centre would be a better one ..



again the shoes lasts and the soles spread out 







bellow... the edges of the soles with the leather strings all glued up drying out a bit before we stick it together...





leathers attached to the sole  and other bits...






Attaching the fabric to the sole with little metal pins and the shape of the shoes are beginning to take form..














Heals with glue drying out and later attached









drilling the screws to the beautiful shoes to make it strong bonding...

Voila!!!



here are all the lovely shoes made by the group of 14 wonderful ladies..we took a group picture of ourselves but I am not posting this in here without their permission but I am posting their shoes instead...





some delicate ribbons in the back..

ready to go home..Hetty Rose makes everything perfect even a little bag to carry our lovely shoes home with some tissue paper underneath




after 4 weeks my shoes are  finaly home. Now just waiting for a good opportunity to put it on :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be welcome to leave a comment...much appreciated. Elaine
Por Favor fique a vontade em deixar um comentario..sera bastante apreciado. Elaine

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.