Friday 1 June 2012

Last Thursday I went to Craft Central a building in Clerkenwel full of creative souls doing all sorts of arts and crafts... jewellery, ceramics, textiles, millinery and so on. I like crafts and did a few courses being my favourites mosaic and silver jewellery.  I love silver jewellery on its own or decorated with big semi-precious stones like Peridot, Amber or any light blue stones.

One thing  takes to another... a few years ago I became very interested in Alternative Therapies and holistic massage and then went to crystal and semi-precious stones I study a bit a few of these subjects and work for awhile with a few of them  before I change to other field of  interests like art. Before all that  in Brazil my formal training was in Psychology which I never got to work in the area. So my interest in life always been the Mind, body and Spirit...

I am working in some oil painting at the moment and I might add some ideas to my old paintings that is coming through my mind...I need to be brave and do some studies on cloth painting..so all these things are going on in my mind at the moment and are coming to life slowly...

This is one of my old pencil and pastel drawings ...




Quinta-feira passada eu fui ate o  Craft Central um edifício  em Clerkenwel cheio de almas criativas que fazem todos os tipos de artes e artesanato ... joalheria, cerâmica, têxteis, chapelaria e assim por diante. Eu gosto de artesanato e fiz alguns cursos sendo dois dos meus favouritos mosaico  e jóias em prata. Eu gosto muito de jóias de prata sozinhas ou decoradas com grandes pedras semi-preciosas como Peridot, Amber ou quaisquer pedras azuis claras.

Uma coisa leva a outra ... alguns anos atrás, fiquei muito interessado em terapias alternativas e massagem holística e depois fui para cristal e pedras semi-preciosas eu estudei  um pouco alguns desses temas e  trabalhei por algum tempo com alguns deles antes de mudar para outro campo de interesse como a arte. Antes desses cursos a minha formacao foi em Psicologia no Brasil a qual  eu nunca cheguei a trabalhar na área. Então, o meus interesses foi sempre o corpo, a mente e espírito ...

Eu estou trabalhando em algumas pintura a óleo no momento e tambem estou pensando  em  acrescentar algumas coisas para minhas pinturas antigas em acrilico que está vindo a minha mente ... Eu preciso ser corajosa e fazer algumas pinturas que tenham pano, uma das minhas dificuldades no moento .. assim todas estas coisas estão acontecendo em minha mente no momento e estou a faze-las sem pressa ...

Este é um dos meus desenhos a lápis e pastel ...








2 comments:

  1. Wow Elaine!!...you are so amazing..this is a gorgeous work..I love the softness, the shading,.and poetic energy.the mist and diffusion....very soulful and deeply beautiful!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine this is simply gorgeous. I love how you handled the face. It has a great balance between abstract and figurative. RG

    ReplyDelete

Please be welcome to leave a comment...much appreciated. Elaine
Por Favor fique a vontade em deixar um comentario..sera bastante apreciado. Elaine

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.